Whether you are planning to spend an entire week or one day in Seattle, there is one place that you absolutely must visit — Pike Place Market!
Pike Place Market is Seattle’s original farmer’s market and is one of the oldest continually running markets in the country. It’s been running since 1907, so it’s filled with both amazing food and incredible history! There are 225+ independently owned shops and restaurants in Pike Place Market, so it’s a great place to get breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Pike Place Market can be overwhelming to navigate on your own, so one of the best ways to enjoy all that the market has to offer is with Pike Place Market food tours!
Best Pike Place Market Food Tours
1. Pike Place Market Food Tour with Savor Seattle Food Tours
This Pike Place Market Food Tour with a maximum of 12 travelers blends great food, interesting history, and cooking inspiration into a jam-packed two-hour tour!
During the tour, you will enjoy eight or more tastings from vendors in the market that may include truffle salt, cherry-inspired sweets, creamy artisan-made yogurt, pastries, and other tasty surprises. After this tour, you’ll be so full, you won’t need lunch!
This tour can accommodate people with food allergies with advanced notice but is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- Rating: 5/5 stars (958 reviews)
- Length: 2 hours
- Price: $62.88 per person
- Review: “Such a wonderful experience! Our tour guide, Chip, was very knowledgeable and entertaining! This is something you don’t want to miss out on.” – Evelyn H. (October 2022)
2. Early-Bird Tasting Tour of Pike Place Market with Savor Seattle Food Tours
Want to avoid waiting in line and pushing your way through massive crowds at Pike Place Market? If so, this Early-Bird Tasting Tour of Pike Place Market is the best Pike Place Market food tour for you!
During this awesome Pike Place Market tour in Seattle, you will be able to learn how the market got its start 100+ years ago while munching on snacks from the vendors, including fresh produce, warm biscuits and fresh salmon, baked goods, chocolate, and more! You will also be able to chat with the vendors before they get swarmed by the afternoon crowds.
This tour includes your professional guide, food and beverage tastings, and discounts for select vendors when you return after the tour. This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, so you will enjoy an intimate and personalized experience!
- Rating: 5/5 stars (659 reviews)
- Length: 2 hours
- Price: $76.30 per person
- Review: “This was a wonderful introduction to Seattle’s history and the importance of the small business community. Our tour guide, Lucky, did a fantastic job of showing us the area and giving us great information about the market. We would definitely recommend anyone visiting Seattle for the first time take this tour.” – Linda S. (January 2023)
3. Chef Guided Food Tour of Pike Place Market by Eat Seattle
If you want to get behind-the-scenes access to the market, this is one of the best Pike Place Market food tours for you. On this Chef Guided Food Tour of Pike Place Market, you will get a glimpse into the culture, history, and culinary aspects of the market!
Plan to stop at popular vendors, like Beecher’s Mac and Cheese, Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt, Pike Place Chowder, Chukar Cherries, and Truffle Queen. You will make nine stops total on this awesome Pike Place Market food tour — so come hungry and ready to chow down!
This two-hour tour will have a maximum of ten travelers and will be guided by a professional chef. Please notify your chef guide of any dietary restrictions prior to the tour.
- Rating: 5/5 stars (1,088 reviews)
- Length: 2 hours
- Price: $63.88 per person
- Review: A fantastic behind-the-scenes tour of the Pike Place Market. Amazing food and great commentary on various food vendors and the history of the market. I’ve been to the market numerous times. Chef Brendan did a great job of sharing with us portions of the market we’ve never experienced. Exceeded our expectations.” – Jeanne S. (February 2023)
4. Pike Place Market Seafood Tasting Tour by Thoughtful Chef Tours
Seattle is known for its seafood, so if you want to learn about the city’s rich seafood history and sample delicious dishes, like clam chowder, scallops, sushi, and, of course, salmon — this is the best Pike Place Market food tour for you!
This small-group, chef-led Pike Place Market Seafood Tasting Tour includes stops at Pike Place Chowder, Totem Smokehouse, Pike Place Fish Market, Wild Fish Poke, and other seafood-focused restaurants.
With only 12 travelers on the tour, you’ll be able to ask questions to your guide and receive a personalized experience. Unlike many other tours in Pike Place Market, the surfaces on this tour are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Rating: 5/5 stars (26 reviews)
- Length: 1.5 hours
- Price: $72.00 per person
- Review: “This tour fantastically intertwined the story of Seattle with its rich seafood history, from its roots in indigenous settlements to modern-day creative culinary exploits. Carolynn was an extremely knowledgeable, authentic, and friendly guide for the tour. Highly recommended!” – Shams K. (December 2022)
5. Plant-Based Food Tour in Pike Place Market by Sum Good Tours
If you are vegan but still want to enjoy the best of what Pike Place Market has to offer, this Plant-Based Tour of Pike Place Market was made for you. However, don’t be mistaken — you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this fabulous tour!
During this Pike Place Market food tour, you will stop at ten unique foodie stops, and enjoy 12 tastings that showcase the best plant-based options in the market. Plan to stop at Truffle Queen, Three Girl’s Bakery, and other popular vendors, with an emphasis on fresh food and fabulous flavor!
You will be on a small-group tour with no more than 12 guests, so you can enjoy a personalized experience, and you will receive discount coupons to use at the vendor’s stands if you return later during your trip to Seattle.
- Rating: 5/5 stars (35 reviews)
- Length: 2.5 hours
- Price: $76.00 per person
- Review: “I wouldn’t have found any of these places in the market on my own. Good variety of savory and sweet and lots of recommendations from our guide, Jade.” – Tessa W. (September 2022)
6. Taste Pike Place Walking Food Tour by Show Me Seattle
During this Taste Pike Place Walking Tour in Seattle, you will be able to enjoy eight food tastings while walking around the market. You will also be able to learn about the history of Pike Place Market from an informative guide on a behind-the-scenes adventure.
During this small-group tour, you will be able to stop by popular vendors like Three Girls Bakery, Ellenos Greek Yogurt, Honey Biscuits, Truffle Queen, Pike Place Chowder, and Pike Place Fish Market.
This is one of the city’s original Pike Place Market food tours, so if you are looking for an experience that is guaranteed to be good every time — book this tour!
- Rating: 5/5 stars (694 reviews)
- Length: 2 hours
- Price: $62.88 per person
- Review: “I had an amazing time. Woody, our tour guide, was friendly, interesting, and very knowledgeable, and the food was absolutely delicious! As a solo traveler, I really enjoyed being a part of the group and Woody made sure we all felt very welcome. Absolutely recommend this tour to anyone and everyone!” – Sarah L. (October 2022)
7. Seattle Chocolate Tour by Sum Good Tours
Would you consider yourself a self-proclaimed “chocoholic?” If so, you will love this Seattle Chocolate Tour by Sum Good Tours.
During this awesome Pike Place Market food tour, you will learn about the market, the history and culture of chocolate, and try various types of chocolate — including milk, dark, white, spicy, sweet, nutty, fruity, and more! Plan to stop at popular vendors in the market, like Indi Chocolates or Chukar Cherries.
This tour starts at 10:30 AM, and since you’ll enjoy 12 tastings, don’t come too full! This tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible, and if you have any food allergies, please notify the tour provider before the tour so they can accommodate your needs.
- Rating: 5/5 stars (78 reviews)
- Length: 2.5 hours
- Price: $80.00 per person
- Review: “The chocolate tour was fantastic! Prior to taking the tour, my wife and I were concerned we might feel sick halfway through more than a dozen different tastings, but our guide, Will, was clever enough to throw in some savory food stops throughout so as to avoid sugar overload. Will’s presentation was tailor-made for the inquisitive chocolate lover. He was friendly, informative, and relaxed, so we never felt rushed and were able to just enjoy the sights and sounds of each venue. We would definitely revisit this tour and we highly recommend it to anyone considering it while in downtown Seattle.” – Michael J. (October 2022)
8. Happy Hour Restaurant Tour by Sum Good Tours
If you’re looking for a tour of Pike Place Market that starts later in the day and includes fun drinks in addition to great food, you will love this Happy Hour Restaurant Tour of Pike Place Market at 4 PM.
During the tour, you will enjoy five food and drink pairings at four popular restaurants in Downtown Seattle, like Rachel’s Ginger Beer, El Baracho, and more. The number of drinks included on the tour is the equivalent of three cocktails (non-alcoholic options are available), and the food equates to a full meal.
You must be 21 or older to enjoy this tour. However, the tour is limited to a small group of 12 travelers, so you will be able to make friends with fellow tourists while exploring the best happy hour hotspots in Pike Place Market!
- Rating: 5/5 stars (12 reviews)
- Length: 2.5 hours
- Price: $113.00 per person
- Review: “This tour was worth the money! A great way to discover downtown Seattle through food, drink, and fun. Will was an excellent tour guide that made everyone feel welcome.” – Meggi (June 2022)
9. Seattle’s Only Underground Donut Tour
Though this Underground Doughnut Tour doesn’t take place exclusively in Pike Place Market, the tour does end in Pike Place Market, so it’s worth including on this list!
During this two-hour tour, you will be able to stop by some of the best donut shops in Seattle, including Top Pot Doughnuts, Dahlia Bakery, Tempesta Coffee & Donuts, and Daily Dozen in Pike Place Market, and sample some sweet, doughy goodness at each.
This local tour is limited to 15 participants and includes a local guide to lead the way. The tour is stroller accessible, but not wheelchair accessible, and will require walking to move between each destination on the tour.
- Rating: 4.5/5 stars (140 reviews)
- Length: 2 hours
- Price: $54.00 per person
- Review: “What’s better than a delicious donut and walking history tour of Seattle? When you go back the next day and hit the top spots to bring home a dozen of your favorites! Loved starting with excellent coffee and finishing near so many great lunch options.” – Christina T. (November 2022)
FAQs: Pike Place Market Food Tours
Is a Pike Place Market food tour worth it?
Yes! Pike Place Market food tours are a great way to sample food, drinks, and local goods from the market’s best vendors. They are usually a great value for the amount of food you receive on the tour, and you’ll also receive invaluable information about the market and “behind-the-scenes” access from your knowledgeable tour guide.
How long does it take to walk around Pike Place Market?
You should plan to spend at least 2–3 hours walking around Pike Place Market if you want to see all the vendors and stop for something to eat. Most food tours are between 2–3 hours, which is enough time to get a good taste of the market!
What is the best day of the week to go to Pike Place Market?
Pike Place Market is the least busy in the morning on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Generally, the market is fullest on Thursday – Monday but is busiest on the weekends. If you must visit during a weekend and want to avoid the crowds, arrive at the market as early as possible before all the tourists arrive in the late morning or early afternoon.
Is Pike Place a tourist trap?
It’s no secret that Pike Place Market is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Seattle. However, we don’t think it’s a tourist trap.
Pike Place Market is home to some of the best restaurants and locally owned businesses in Seattle, so it’s absolutely worth visiting for a quick walk around the market and breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Savor the Best of the Market with These Excellent Pike Place Market Food Tours
Pike Place Market was my favorite place we visited in Seattle, and I felt myself gravitating back toward the “hustle and bustle” of this historic market time and time again.
That said, I would highly recommend starting your trip to Seattle with one of these Pike Place Market food tours. Not only will you get a “lay of the land,” but you’ll be able to try some of the best food and drinks in the market right off the bat, so you will know where to return later in your trip for a delicious meal.
Which one of these best food tours in Pike Place Market sounds like the right fit for you?
Disclosure: Some of the links in this guide to the best Pike Place Market food tours in Seattle are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. This helps me keep the content on my website free, like this guide to the best Pike Place Market food tours in Seattle.
Save These Fabulous Pike Place Food Tours Now to Book Later
Looking for more things to do in Seattle besides these Pike Place Market food tours? Check out these other informative posts about Seattle:
I so love taking a stroll around the local markets. It is so much fun and insightful. That Mac and cheese are sure an encourager for me though.
I absolutely LOVE food tours! I’m planning a trip to Seattle later in the year, around August, so I definitely plan on checking one or two of these tours out in person.
I especially love that you included the prices, so helpful!
I am so glad you found this guide helpful, Jazmin! Definitely check out one of these tours and let me know what you think! 🙂
Ooh great roundup! I’m planning a Seattle trip this spring so definitely saving this for later. Pike Place Market is top of my list!
Yay, I hope you have a great time in Seattle, Alanna!
We’re planning a trip to Seattle so love this guide to Pike Place Market food tours! Will definitely check out Beechers Mac and Cheese as I’m always on a quest to find the best mac and cheese!
Yay, I hope you have a wonderful time in Seattle. It is such a fun city to explore!
this looks like the best way to explore a new city, like Seattle! Thanks for the inspiration
Thank you for reading, Jenn!
Soooo much great food at Pike Place! Thanks for sharing!
It is all sooooo tasty!
I visited a Seattle a few years back and I agree that Pike Place is an amazing place to visit. I am interested to read your ratings on the food tours.
The donut tour is a difficult one for me to resist 🍩😃
Right? Who doesn’t love a good donut?
GIRL! This makes me so hungry! I am loving all the places you recommended, and have my eyes on that mac n cheese!